REGIONAL COUNTERDRUG TRAINING ACADEMY
Length : 3 Days (24hrs)
Designed For : This course is for first responders to include patrol officers, fire fighters, emergency medical technicians and military personnel.
Prerequisites : NONE
Certification : This course is POST certified in the states of Mississippi and Georgia and accepted for certification in other states.
Upon conclusion of this course, participants should be better prepared to meet the following objectives.
1. Understand the current terrorist threat and other extremists within the United States .
2. Discuss the tactics used by terrorists , including traditional tactics and the threat from weapons of mass destruction.
3. Explore the role of first responders in managing the terrorist threat within their communities.
4. Examine lessons learned from case studies from Waco, the Texas Siege, the Oklahoma City bombing and the attacks on September 11, 2001 , to demonstrate how terrorist organizations operate, and to be aware of current threats.
5. Learn how terrorists target law enforcement and other first responders , and learn how to manage this threat.
6. Be prepared to conduct a community threat assessment.
7. Concludes with a desktop exercise which provides the opportunity to utilize the information presented.
|DAY ONE||DAY TWO||DAY THREE|
Community Threat Assessment Exercise
The International Threat Within the U.S.
The Threat from Weapons of Mass Destruction
Investigating Extremist Groups
Case Study: Oklahoma City Bombing
|Case Study: Waco , TX
Terrorists in the Backyard
Targeting Law Enforcement --Seger—